For my birthday this year I got a new house!! Our offer was accepted and we are now moving forward with the purchase. Woo hoo! It is the house that I mentioned before, and the more we thought about it the more we knew that it was our house and that we needed to do what we could to get it. Here are the pictures again. Some are old and some are new, but you can see them all again!
Here is the front:

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but it is on a
great cul-de-sac. I can just imagine the kids riding their bikes down that long driveway and then around the cul-de-sac and back up the driveway. It will be so great to not have cars speeding by at the bottom of our hilly driveway.

On the main floor is the kitchen, formal dining room, formal living room and living room.
Kitchen:

Living room:

Formal living room (maybe someday I'll get a piano to put in it):

Formal dining room (which will be where we eat all our meals since there is not an informal eating area):

Upstairs are all 4 bedrooms and 2 of the 2.5 bathrooms.
This is the master bedroom (I like the wall colors):

One of the kids rooms (will be painting):

The other kids room (will be painting):

This will be the office/guest room (
definitely painting):

They have put up walls in the basement but no floor covers. We think we might carpet it right away so that we can use it for our scrapbook/craft room.
Possibly a movie room. The door in the back of the picture is the laundry/storage room.

The backyard! Love, love, love!! It even comes with the swingset! I can almost see Keegan's tent hiding in the forest already.

Back of the house. Look at those trees!

Nice 2-car garage. That riding lawn mower was part of the deal.

Who could have asked for a better birthday present?
3 comments:
The house is gorgeous. And the backyard! What a great house. I'm so excited for you guys.
Hooray! I love it! Congratulations
DEFINITELY the best birthday present ever! I love the dining room colors, I want a purple room so bad but Joe vetos me every time. Maybe a purple scrapbooking room some day... That's so great that you're already hooked into the mommy pipeline, that's the toughest part about moving. Unpacking? No problem. Decorating? It's fun! Making friends?... Now you've got that covered, too. But don't think you're scott free - we will all miss you and your kids like crazy, so we expect lots of blog updates! And, of course, you're stuck with us 'til September :)
Post a Comment