Saturday, August 13, 2011

Going to the Fair

Last weekend (I know I am a week late) we went to the Adams County Fair with my folks, and we had a GREAT time!
The kids loved looking at all the animals!
We got up close and personal with a lot of them. :-)
Keegan even got to hold the harness on this one! It was a prize winner from the day before!
We walked around one corner and saw these guys ... Keegan goes "look dogs!" They weren't dogs, but I can see how he was a little confused.
Cadence even got a kick of all the animals at her level. I'm sure glad none tried to nibble her fingers!

Matt's mom tells a story of when he was about 5 years old and he was showing a large white turkey at a 4H competition (or something like that). She says that as he was showing it, the turkey puffed up its feathers and strutted around the ring with Matt at his side, and I'm pretty sure he won a big prize. Anyway, this picture is for Matt and his family!!
... and this is what Cadence thought of the turkeys ...
The biggest pig I have ever seen in my life!
After lunch we ended our day at the fairgrounds where the kids got to ride the carousel ...
... and check out the Weinermobile!!
It was a fun day! Thanks for joining us Mom & Dad!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Hahaha. Love the picture of cc in front of the turkey. I think she may have inherited her great grandpa porter's fondness for the birds.

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I love that nickname CC! :)