Last weekend Jessica was in NYC for a work meeting so I took the train down to spend the weekend with her.
We stayed at a hotel that was directly across from the World Trade Center, this is the view from our room looking down at the WTC memorial.
I met up with Jess and one of her coworkers on Thursday night and we went out for a nice Italian dinner before turning in for the night. In the morning we sight-seed by walking almost the whole tip of Manhattan.
We saw the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
We saw Wall Street.
We saw the Brooklyn Bridge, and walked about a 1/4 of it before I got tired. I totally could have walked the whole thing if Jess hadn't already marched us around town. :-)
At Noon Jess had to go to her work meeting so I went to the Manhattan Temple to do a session.
That evening Jodi came up from NJ to have a fancy dinner with us. We went to an awesome rotating restaurant at the top of a hotel in the middle of Times Square called The View. Jess wanted to avoid Times Square like the plague, but she made the sacrifice for me.
These next two were taken with my cell phone, so not very good, but it's the only ones of Jodi that I got. You can see the Empire State Building in the background. I thought that was pretty cool.
Jodi had to head home Saturday morning so after getting pedicures Jess and I set out on the town to do some shopping. We found the big Toys R Us store to get something for my kiddos.
We found Rockefeller Center.
We found Times Square, again.
We had a lot of fun shopping and didn't get in too much trouble with our credit cards. That evening we decided to go to a comedy club. It was fun even though the opening comedians were funnier than the headliner.
Sunday was our last day. We were tired and we needed to stay close to the hotel in order to get to our bags when we needed to catch trains/planes, so we decided to tour the WTC memorial. Although it was still under construction, and also surrounded by construction, it was pretty impressive. The fountains are HUGE.
The next few pictures are interesting because I was in NYC in 1998 and I actually stayed at the hotel that was in one of the WTC buildings. You can see my scrapbook page from that trip and the view from my hotel window vs. the buildings now.
I didn't get any pictures of it, but we also made it to China Town and Little Italy before heading out. It was a great weekend, and of course a blast to see my girls. I sure was happy to get back to my kiddos and my quiet cul-de-sac though.
1 comment:
I totally want to walk the Brooklyn bridge!
Post a Comment