Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's true to say that I recently turned 30 years old. Crazy! We had big plans to go to Montreal, or Boston, or a beach in Maine or even Disney Land but alas nobody booked those plans so when it got down to the week of my birthday Matt wanted to know what I wanted to do. Well, I wanted a selfish day. I wanted him to take the day off of work so that I could sleep in, and come and go as I pleased. Of course my amazing husband made that happen, thanks to the fact that he had to work on 4th of July the week before he was due a floating holiday. Matt had an early dentist appointment so he took K with him while C & I slept in. They came back with doughnuts, flowers and a cute card. It was very sweet.
I took my time getting ready and then went out for some pampering. I got a pedicure and a haircut and then a quick nap before we headed out for some family fun. Matt had some Marriott points that needed to be used up so we picked out a local hotel with a pool and stayed the night. We ordered pizza and ate in the hotel room to maximize the pool time, spent as much time splashing in the pool as possible then turned in for the night. The kids did great and were ready for more swimming in the morning. Which we did! It was nice to get away for the night, do something fun and not have to cook or clean up after ourselves. The kids are still talking about the next time we go to stay at a hotel.
I don't have a single picture from my birthday activities because we were having such a great time. That also means that there is no proof that I actually turned 30. :-)

No comments: