Monday, April 5, 2010

Zoo!

On Saturday we went to the zoo! It was an absolutely gorgeous spring day, and there were surprisingly few people there. So it was the perfect day for the zoo. Keegan had a great time. He told us the names and sounds of all the animals he saw as he ran (or hopped) from exhibit to exhibit.
Keegan also waved to most of the animals. We actually got to hear the elephants trumpet. It was very cool!
Matt can jump as far as a polar bear!
Choo choo! We meant to go back and let KP ride the train, but we were all too pooped at the end. Next time!
He really likes "hippo's" right now. In the Dr. Seuss book "Mr. Brown can Moo, Can You?" Mr. Brown does the noise of a hippopotamus chewing gum ... GRUM, GRUM, GRUM. So, that is the noise that KP makes for a hippo. Cute huh?

2 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

wow you weren't kidding about the zoo being quiet, I don't see any one in any backgrounds!

We need to have Keegan over for some fun, Lucas told me he missed his friend. Bridget said Umm yea me too, Keegan!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

We're going this coming weekend, I hope we get half as lucky as you with the weather and the crowds! I'm totally jealous about the elephants trumpeting, and I'll have to look up that Dr. Seuss book - "grum grum grum" is perfect!