Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cadence Pictures and Stats

Cadence had her 1 year check-up today, her stats are:
Height - 30" (80%)
Weight - 21lbs 7oz (60%)
Head - 19" (HUGE!)

She is growing up way too fast. She currently has 3 words - Mama="mamamama", Dada="nananana" and banana="flapping her tongue" and she also makes the animal noises for dogs, cats, ducks and dinosaurs. She has gotten her first 5 teeth in the last month, the only two on the top are her canines, so she has little vampire teeth. She took her first "real" steps 2 days before her birthday (see more below) and has been practicing a little bit every day, although she would rather walk around on her knees. She mimics a lot of the things that Keegan, Matt or I do. If we say something in a certain tone of voice she will make a sound similar to that, or if I point to something or tap on the table she will do the same thing. She loves her big brother, and watches everything that he does intently. If only we could get him to include her more. She also loves our dog Abby, and gets very excited whenever she enters the room and takes any opportunity to cuddle with her when she is laying still on the floor. Abby tolerates it for the most part and is learning where to get her attention (and table scraps) from.

Matt's photographer cousin (Etherdox Photography) was in town for the holidays and I pestered her into taking Cadence's 1 year pictures. These pictures are just the preview that she posted, and I LOVE how they turned out.

Cadence got a cupcake:
We brought her favorite little chair from home. She climbs and sits on it all day.
Look at those cute teeth.
Before this day Cadence had only taken steps in between Matt and I, and they were more like just falling from lap to lap. But as we were taking pictures I was holding her hands while she stood up, and I let go ... and she just stood there. So I moved away and called for her to come over. She turned to me and took a good 3 or 4 steps right to me!! And in front of the camera!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous pictures. How fun that you caught those 1st steps. That is really difficult to do. I can't believe she is already a year.

Jessica said...

Holy cow! Every one of Cadence's stats are almost exactly the same as Hendrix's!
She's such a cutie,LOVE the pictures!