What have we been up to lately? Lets see ...
We went to a production of "Peter and the Wolf."
CC found a good spot to read.
We had a guy come over to cut down a big branch that was hanging over our bedroom.
Down it goes!
KP has become quite the artist. I asked him to draw our family and I actually had no idea that he could draw people at all, but this is what he came up with!
KP started soccer. This is he and his buddy J on the first day. The coach asked who had played soccer before. They were the only two who hadn't.
You'd think by these action shots that he is a pro and is loving every minute of it ...
... but he's actually having a really hard time. The first day he was doing 'okay,' a little overwhelmed by the 40:1 kids to coach ratio, till they started playing a game where you tried to protect your own ball while kicking other kids balls out of a circle. He was inadvertently 'out' and he had to sit out with all the other kids who had gotten 'out.' He started getting teary and from then on it has been hard. He cries at practice and doesn't want to participate, and doesn't even want to go.
It's hard as a parent to find the line between letting him bow-out vs. honoring your commitments. We got him a soccer ball and he and Matt practice their kicks at home and as of now, we are still going every week, and hopefully he will get comfortable again.
This weekend the boys went camping for the father-son camp-out. This trip was a lot more successful than his first camp-out when he was 18 months old.
They had a great time! Matt says that all evening he ran around in a small pack with his little church buddies.
and I guess there were a lot of sweets consumed.
K slept through the night with no problems and they got a great pancake breakfast at the lodge.
The morning was full of more running around ... does this look a little dangerous to you? Well it was. A few minutes after this picture was taken K got a stick in the eye.
The "offender" drew K this picture which is so innocently hilarious and also very nice of him to do.
Yesterday we went to the park (the one where K bonked his head) and had a picnic dinner, played with the soccer ball and watched the dozens of baby ducks.
We finally got to ride the carousel in the park.
Then we finished our evening with ice cream! YUM!
For Mothers Day the kids (and Matt) spoiled me rotten. Yesterday, they got me some flowers, a new purse that I wanted, and got my wedding rings cleaned and re-pronged. Then this morning K and Matt made french toast for me and this evening they let me blog! It was a great day!
I also leaned to make jam! YUM! It's freezer jam and I LOVE it! It is so much fresher tasting than cooked jams. I'll definitely be making it again.
Finally, no pictures for this one, but CC has been potty training herself. Since December she has been asking to go to the potty. At first she would just sit, and then quickly she started telling me when she actually needed to 'go.' Since she was so young, and since the asking was still pretty sporadic I didn't do too much to encourage the process. I promised myself that after the CO trip I would be more diligent with taking her to the restroom even if we were out and about. Finally this weekend we let her wear underoos, not to bed, but even to church! She stayed completely dry and let us know whenever she needed to 'go.' I guess I will have to keep it up! Way to go CC!
2 comments:
whew! you have been busy!
yay, for Cadence doing it all by herself! That is GREAT! I hope it continues and that it goes by fast! :)
we think about you guys often! Miss you! the kids say hi too, as reading the porter blog is a family affair here.
That picture of the stick in the eye made me bust up. How funny, I mean not for KP, but you know what I mean. We did the Scavenger Hunt finally and the girls had a great time. Good job C! Rushmore is taking a break again but he is getting closer all the time. I guess I need to be patient and do it on his time dang it. He just fights me so much about it. Right now I'm just trying to encourage him to keep trying. Happy Belated Mother's day to us!
Post a Comment