Monday, December 3, 2012

December! (Advent days 1-3)

It's December! How did that happen?!?! Since we told the kids about the new baby we have been saying that the baby won't come until after Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas and Cady's birthday ... now Christmas is almost upon us and before you know it baby will be here!

We have been having fun lately despite the pictures to prove it. One fun thing we have started is our December advent calendar. I made a new one this year, thanks to Pinterest, and I think it turned out pretty cute.
The first day we started another Christmas tradition. Elf on the Shelf. Aunt Jess got the book for us last year and we brought him into our family this year. The kids named him Clever the Sneaky Christmas Elf, and they have fun finding him in different spots around the house every morning.

The second day we set up and decorated our Christmas tree.
This picture makes me laugh:
K got this Santa outfit when he was 18 months old. Last year he kinda fit in it, and this year he was so excited to find it in the Christmas box he immediately put it on and declared "It still fits!"
I love C's eyes in this picture. It is completely natural, no retouching whatsoever.
Today we made a countdown chain with our three upcoming exciting activities. First our countdown to Christmas, then C's birthday and then when baby arrives. Fun times ahead of us!

1 comment:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I love it when Patrick pulls on outfits that still "fit," as in, "it's still physically possible to sausage myself into this." Looks like he and Keegan are on the same page! How fun to have so many countdowns, that advent from pinterest is so dang adorable! Is it an activity per day that you open up? Hmmm, maybe I should stop typing and just go hit up your pinterest boards...